Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Biscotti
This is wonderful to give away at Christmas time because it keeps fresh for the whole holiday season. It is one of my father-in-law's favorites. It is great as a snack or after dinner treat with coffee.
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon instant coffee or espresso granules
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 cup of chocolate chips
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and the next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, stirring until blended. Fold in nuts and chips. Divide dough in half.
- Shape each portion of dough into a 10x2 inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm, 2 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until firm. Let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. Transfer logs to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices with a serrated knife, using a gentle sawing motion. Place slices on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, turn cookies over, and bake 10 more minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.